Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is a good face powder that keeps away that ';shine'; in the t-zone?

I'm 53 and have combination skin...a half hour after I put on makeup I have that ';shine'; on my face. What is a good powder to cover the shine and keep it away all day?What is a good face powder that keeps away that ';shine'; in the t-zone?
I use Urban Decay De-Slick.





http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/DeS�?/a>





It's a little expensive, but works very well. Plus, the compact is gorgeous! Don't use the poof it comes with, but sweep it over your face with a big powder brush. I use it every morning and occasionally for touch-ups, and one compact lasts me about 3-4 months. I also use Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer before putting on my make-up. It keeps shine away and gives a silky smooth surface on which to sweep foundation. It's made an incredible difference in the amount of foundation I use and how long it lasts!





http://www.smashbox.com/PHOTO-FINISH-FOU�?/a>


What is a good face powder that keeps away that ';shine'; in the t-zone?
Always buy Matte powders, with powders though, it usually fades away after a few hours, so may need reapplying.



Johnson and Johnson oil absorbing sheets are amazing. You just dab your face a few times throughout the day. You don't have to do it too often. It absorbs all of the oil on your face. It's inexpensive also. I highly recommend them.
I use a translucent loose pwdr after I finish applying makeup. If you would like a less $ one, Physician's Formula has a few to choose from.





I have had a jar of Laura Mercier loose pwdr for a long time - works really well. The pwdr will not expire as long as you keep it clean (don't push brush repeatedly into product - some have a sifter on top so you can tap some out into the cap, put your brush in there). Clean your brushes regularly and you should be happy w/whichever powdr suits you best!

No comments:

Post a Comment