Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Face powder/pressed or loose? Whats the difference and what are you supposed to use each of them for.?

I usually apply my foundation and then use pressed powder ontop. Is that the proper way or am I doing it wrong? Is the powder supposed to be used on its own?Face powder/pressed or loose? Whats the difference and what are you supposed to use each of them for.?
pressed gives more of a finished look. loose is more for oily skin. if you are really oily then this helps to soak up some of it and give you less of a glow. you are doing it correctly in putting your foundation on then a pressed powder.Face powder/pressed or loose? Whats the difference and what are you supposed to use each of them for.?
Powder after applying foundation is correct. Powder is to set your makeup and stay longer. It will reduce shine and excess oil on your skin to make it look matte. You can still use powder alone if you dont need full coverage.





Loose powder is great for shiny skin but gives a light coverage. Pressed powder is alot convenient and not messy and everyone loves it. It gives fuller coverage than loose powder. I suggest you to use face brush as it will glide evenly.
I don't think there is a real differance, I just like the look of loose powder better than pressed. To me, pressed powder looks ';cakey'; when applied, however, I do carry it for touch ups. If you want to try a loose powder, I suggest Loreal Translucide...very light and lacey...dosen't look cakey at all. Good luck...:-)
Both loose and pressed powder are used for the same reasons: to create a matte finish on oily or shiny skin, and to ';set'; liquid foundation/concealor and make it last longer (to prevent it from streaking or rubbing off easily). Powder can be worn on its own, or on top of a liquid foundation or concealor.





If you have oily or acne-prone skin, always used loose powder. Pressed powder contains oils or waxes which are used to press the powder into the compact, but those ingredients can clog your pores! (According to my dermatologist, at least.) Since loose powders do not have any oils or waxes, they can often work a little better at keeping a matte finish and setting your foundation. Apply loose powder with a large fluffy powder brush -- this will give you a nice, natural finish and an even application without using too much powder. (I don't recommend using the puffs that come with loose powder -- they usually cause you to apply too much powder, which can turn into a cakey mess!)





If you have dry or normal skin that is not prone to acne, then either kind of powder will probably work for you. Just experiment to see which one you like best!
im pretty sure thats fine. thats what i do, i apply a foundation and then powder. i usually do a loose powder though because the pressed makes my face look cakey
it doesnt matter which one you use
Loose powder is better for ';setting'; your makeup. After applying foundation or concealer, a light dusting of loose powder will help set it in place and make it last longer. Pressed powder is a heavier finish than loose and can look chalky if you apply too much. Loose powder is much lighter and more natural looking and easier to dust off excess with the brush if you apply too much. I like to keep a pack of oil absorbing sheets (blotters) and use them throughout the day to remove excess oil, then pat on a light touch of pressed powder to oily areas to touch up my make up and keep it fresh. The blotters will remove any excess oil, which keeps you shin from looking cakey and keeps your powder puff clean and lasting longer!
Yes you are doing it right. Pressed powder and loose powder are essentially the sane thing, just differently packaged.
Presses powder %26amp; Loose not that diffrent, but the Loose powder gives u a natural look and long lasting and as final touch ... and most importent to use loose is: putting under ur eyes as cover while u are applying drak %26amp; loose eyeshadow


Pressed is good too, same as the loose.. even if u want ur eyelashes looks thiker put on lil of loose and apply mascara! U can't leave without them ;-) And some of ladies like pressed more cause it cover any balmish...


If you have nice skin, U can use loose and u'll look healthy ;-)


I use both of them... but sometimes I use pressed on my eye lid then loose to get nice and light skin over the eye lid.. then thr rest I use all over my face the loose.... and at night i put more pressed cause give me more cover (the night effect/light in parties) :-)
I don't know if I do it right either, but I use loose power after applying foundation and keep pressed powder in my purse for touch-ups.


I really don't know that there is a ';proper'; way!
I have oily skin so I use the loose powder after I put on my compact. I do not use foundation, I use tinted moisturizer. I carry compact and oil blotting papers for touch ups. Loose powder would be too messy to carry in a purse.
Loose powder is finer %26amp; looks more natural you should apply this when you first do your make up at home, the pressed compact is for when your on the move as loose powder is messy. You would normally apply a base of foundation then your loose powder, dusting away the excess with a brush but these are guidelines %26amp; you should do what you feel looks best on you.
Hi no thats the proper way, sometimes people with combination skin are only meant to put it onto places where there is the most shine like in the T zone etc. But if you have normal skin then you might not really need to use it.





I tend to apply the powder all over my face and not just in the T zone and shiny areas as its just what I have gotten used to doing as I think my skin is appily everywhere, but you are doing it right.





I am looking forward to trying the mineral powders, Avon has started doing one and its over half the price than the other ones so its great but im just hoping it does all the jobs I want it to. as apprantly its a powder that applies like a cream. so it should be ok hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment