Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Will using loose powder make my face cakey? Am i doing it right?

Ok, first in the morning my routine is to wash my face with cleanser, then apply moisturizer, then use a concealer wand and apply to the red spots/ pimples. I do NOT use foundation, and i don't really want to bc my skin is acne prone, even if the foundation is the kind thats designed for that. Recently my mom bought me a loose powder with a brush that's my tone color. Will applying it make my face cakey? Am i doing it right, as in the order of the stuff i put on my face?Will using loose powder make my face cakey? Am i doing it right?
That's exactly what I do. I worry that applying a liquid foundation would make it look cakey after a long days work and aggravate my acne-prone skin as well.





Small suggestion: Everytime you're finished doing your makeup, take a mirror and go right up to a window (make sure that there is no artificial light in the way of the natural), and simply look at yourself in the natural light.


It'll reveal if you didn't blend right or missed a spot perfectly. Often times in artificial light, it'll look perfectly fine, so if you want to make sure, this is what I always do and it works perfectly for me.





Hope that helps you out,


RayeWill using loose powder make my face cakey? Am i doing it right?
Yes you would apply it last. However, if you find your face looks cakey I'd recommend using an exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells. Your face shouldn't look cakey just from using powder.
If you put moisturizer on first then no, if it still looks cakey get a different kind or don't put as much on or you can spray your face with water from a spritzer.
Yes, you are doing it right, and it shouldnt make your face look cakey unless you put too much on
Yes, the order is correct. Loose powder shouldn't make your face cakey unless you apply too much. Here is how you should apply it:





Put a little bit of the loose powder in the container lid. Swirl your brush in the powder. Tap the brush to remove excess powder then apply onto your face in small circular motions.





Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment