Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have really greasy/oily skin, is there a foundation or face powder that will prevent this all day?

Hello~ So believe it or not oily skin is controllable and tolerable. It's all about moisturizer. Remember when you wake up the most important thing is to wash your face and then make sure you have a really good moisturizer on before you do anything else. I recommend an oil control based moisturizer such as MAC daily oil control or Clinique has a really good one as well. Then you need a mattifier that will help keep your oil in check all day. I have tried so many products out there for this very same problem and I found that again MACs mattifying gel works wonders all day long but another good one is Mary Kay Mattifying lotion. If you don't want a foundation then I would suggest going with a mineral based power, it's light and powder helps to absorb some of the oil during the day. If you do wear a foundation make sure you have a powder to follow as well because this is really going to set your makeup and make it less likely to become shiny and oily.


Just remember that your skin has to have moisture and if you don't have a good lotion then it will over compensate and create more oil to keep your skin lubricated. So always apply lotion after you wash your face morning and night. Very important to control the balance of oily greasy skin.


Good luck, I hope this helped!I have really greasy/oily skin, is there a foundation or face powder that will prevent this all day?
You want to use a foundation and powder that does not contain any oil. Clinique offers what they call a pore minimizer foundation. It is literally water and powder mixed together and you dab it on with a cottonball. They also have a foundation called ';stay true'; that is not oil based. There are powders too that are specifically for oily skin (though I reccomend loose powder).





Another very important thing is to be sure you are using a good skin care program designed for oily skin. There are several out there. Again, clinique is my personal favorite, but you can try other like Clarins, etc.I have really greasy/oily skin, is there a foundation or face powder that will prevent this all day?
I haven't used any foundation or powder that works for that. I tried some oil control moisturizer from Origins once that seemed to help for a few hours.


Your skin makes extra oil because it's dry. I know it sounds ridiculous, but you need some kind of moisturizer to help it balance. It's going to feel icky and heavy for a few weeks but after you get used to it, things will even out.


What I used to do was put baby powder on a cotton ball and dab it on my T-Zone. That covered the shine for several hours. What you have to be careful of there is drying out too much. After a week of doing that every day my skin started cracking and peeling. It was itchy and it burned. I was pulling too much oil out of my skin and had to end up using moisturizer to balance it out. I should have been doing that all along.
OMG! i have the exact problem! I don't use a special super expensive powder. but before you put your make up on, take lemon juice and water and put it on your face using a cotton ball, let it dry and then put your powder on don't put anything heavy because it will look cakey, unless you want to buy the ';maybellin Matte mousse'; it works wonders over the lemon juice and water. but don't use too much of the lemon juice cause it will dry out your face.! good luck!@
You should just really wash your face every day.Sometimes when it's hot outside you set and then your hair sticks to you and you get greasy.Also if you blow dry, straighten, or curl your hair it can also make your face a little greasy because it sticks and rubs off on it. If you are still really concerned about this next time you go to a salon ask them and they can give you some great tips.
Foundation/Powder will make your skin worse because it's covering the bacteria/pores. Instead try this face wash called 'Cetaphil'. I used it for over 5 years and still is! It makes my face moisturized, soft, clean and can be a makeup remover. It's great for sensitive skin and it's not harsh on skin. You can buy it at wal-mart!
try using a toner after washing your face.


Try a translucent powder as well that might help.


E.L.F has a really good cheap one and you can read peoples reviews on it to decide whether you want it or not.


I recommend it, I also have greasy/oily skin.
Have you tried Oxy?


I used to have oily skin on my nose so I started using them. They recommend using two a day but I got by with only using one.





They are relativity cheap compared to other products too. I used the whips not the cream.
Use Mineral Powder It works great with oily skin trust me.





You Can get some from:





http://www.eyeslipsface.com/depts_minera�?/a>





Good Luck!!!
foundation will make it worse use a good spot cream such as Clean and Clear or a Neutragena one to clear your skin


make up wont work
great

No comments:

Post a Comment