Friday, January 8, 2010

When i use powder my face looks powdery?

i use cover girls pressed powder and when i finsih my make up i look at my face really good and you can tell i used powder b/c of the little pigments how can i smooth it out so it can look moire natural?


the less products the better!!!!!!!


should i use a sponge at the end to try to smooth out the powder?does it work ?When i use powder my face looks powdery?
I found the best way to solve the ';powdery look'; is to simply take a cosmetic cotton pad, wet it, and press it gently to your face where powder is applied. It will not remove what you have on, it will simply smooth it and seal it better on your face, and get rid of the powdery look. I use bare minerals - BEST STUFF EVER!!When i use powder my face looks powdery?
I like Bare Minerals much better. It looks even nicer after wearing it a few hours.
In my experience, the best way to not look powdery is to not use powder. But, there are some ways to make your face look less powdery while using it - use a brush to buff the powder into your skin - don't use a sponge or a puff to apply it. When you're done applying your powder, spritz your face with some liquid to help set it - some good ones are Evian's mist, Aquafina's mist (available at walmart) and MAC's Fix+. After I spritz my face, I let it dry for a second then rub my hands together to warm them and press my palms gently against my face for a minute - this helps set the powder better with the warmth.
why dont you just use liquid foundation
I don't use powder very often but when I do I always apply moisturizer first and it looks well blended.
That's because you're using a low-end company powder. Most powders do tend to look cakey if you have oily skin, or if you are using too much (ie. reapplying throughout the day). Instead of reapplying, use blot paper. Switch to a different skincare regimen, particularly one that is for combination skin. Then, get a mineral based liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer which will blend much easier and be lighter on your skin. To use the liquid foundation, simply dot all over the face and blend with a wet sponge or clean fingertips.
Try loose powder. It will not be as heavy as a pressed powder. It can be a little messy but will look much better on.

No comments:

Post a Comment